Basketball games and practices for tonight have been canceled. Updated schedules and brackets are on the website. Please be safe if you are out. PSA
We hope everyone is enjoying their basketball season with us so far this season. This Saturday will start the beginning of Pool Play games. These Pool Play games will seed you into a single elimination bracket, you will not know when your games are for this bracket until all teams in your age group have completed their pool play games. The formula for pool play games to get your teams standings for the bracket are Win/Loss, Points allowed and then Points scored. We do have the brackets posted so you can kind of get an idea of when you will play. To view these brackets and pool play and bracket rules CLICK HERE. Thanks for your continuing support of our program we hope you enjoy the rest of your season with us.
PSA Spring 2018 Baseball and Softball Registration NEW Raffle!!!
PSA Spring 2018 Baseball and Softball Registration
Updates and Changes will always be in Red
UPDATE on TRYOUTS DATE for 4-12 Year Olds SEE BELOW!!!!!
NEW!!!!!! Since the bat raffle for early registration worked so good we are going to offer another one!!!! This time we will draw for 3 gift certificates to Play it Again Sports for $200, $100 and $50. All you need to do is register and PAY in full for either Spring 2018 Baseball or Softball by Thursday January 18, 2018. Drawing will be Friday January 19, 2018 on our Facebook Page Live around lunch time. If you have already registered and paid you will still be placed in this raffle with a chance to win!!!!!!!!
Registration Cost and Dates: (Registration Cost does NOT include player's uniform)
Co-ed T-ball (4-5 Yr Olds)- $60 December 6, 2017- February 8, 2018
Cal Ripken Baseball (6-12 Yr Olds)- $85 December 6, 2017- February 8, 2018
Fast Pitch Softball Dixie X-play (6U-12U)- $85 December 7, 2017- February 8, 2018
Fast Pitch Softball Dixie X-play (13-15/16-18) -$85 December 7, 2017-March 1, 2018
Babe Ruth Baseball (13-18 Yr Olds)- $85 December 6, 2017- March 1, 2018
Registration cost does NOT include the player's uniform. Registration must be paid in full by the end of tryouts or your registration will automatically be deleted. Registration fee can be paid online or at tryouts using cash of cards, wait time at tryouts will be longer if you have to pay. If a late registration is excepted, there will be a $25 late fee and there also could be a uniform late fee as well. If registered after the deadline you will be placed on a waiting list.
Tryout and Uniform Fitting Dates: (Tryout/Uniform fitting times and locations will come out as we get closer to Tryouts)
Co-ed T-ball (4-5 Yr Olds)- Saturday February 10, 2018 (No tryouts for this age group just uniform fitting)
Cal Ripken Baseball (6-12 Yr Olds)- Saturday February 10, 2018
Fast Pitch Softball (6U-12U)- Saturday February 10 , 2018
Fast Pitch Softball (13-18 Yr Olds) - Saturday March 3, 2018
Babe Ruth Baseball (13-18 Yr Olds)- Saturday March 3 , 2018
Uniform cost will be due to the Vendor at the uniform fitting. Uniform Cost will be between $30 and $60 depending what package you get. Parents can order extra uniform items during uniform fitting.
Opening day for 4-12 yr olds for baseball and softball will be March 24, 2018, 13-18 yr olds for baseball and softball first games will be April 16, 2018.
- Coaches we are always looking for coaches if you are interested in coaching please fill out the coaching application and email us at email@example.com or call the office at 601-402-7299. CLICK HERE to fill out a coaching application.
Interested in being a sponsor for a baseball or softball team CLICK HERE to view our sponsorship options
- If you or someone you know are interested in being a sponsor for this 2018 season please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 601-402-7299.
- As of January 2018 (baseball) the only legal bat for the 4-15 yr olds will be the USA Stamped Bat!!!! -3 BBCOR Bats will still be legal in the 13-18 yr olds. CLICK HERE to view changes to the bat rules for 2018. Softball bats will follow the Dixie Softball rule book CLICK HERE to view the Dixie Bat Rules. CLICK HEREto view the 2017 Dixie Softball Rulebook (2018 not released yet) one note is in Dixie Softball all batting helmets MUST have a facemask.
- Game Days besides Opening Day and EOS Tournament will try to be on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays however if we need to use other days for makeups we will.
- 3rd annual Home Run Derby (Date and times to be put out at a later date)
- Due to high volume of requests and number of registrations we will only except same team requests in the 4-5 yr old Co-ed T-ball. T-ball same team requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause it is just extremely hard to manage and usually causes issues during the draft. Siblings in the same age group will continue to be allowed on the same team. We also have a strict policy on not allowing players to play up an age division.
We look forward to another great Baseball and Softball Season!!! We will see you on the field.
As some of you may know Petal Sports Association (was Petal Baseball Association) has partnered with the City of Petal Athletics Department. The City of Petal Athletics Department is a new department under Parks and Recreation. Petal Sports Association will continue to have its board and make decisions on the day to day business and the local league rules of the different sports/activities they offer. The City of Petal Athletics Department will help mange these sports and activities by managing registration, scheduling and executing these programs. The City of Petal Athletics Department has a new office at 118 Hilltop Drive (old optimist clubhouse) office # 601-402-7299 feel free to call, email or stop in at the office to get any information you may need. We hope by having one organization operate most of the sports in the city there will be more Continuity, Consistency and Minimal overlap of the sports programs we offer.
Currently we offer the following sports:
1. Spring and Fall Baseball ages 4-18
2. Spring and Fall Fastpitch Softball ages 5-18
3. Select Tournaments for Baseball and Softball
4. Fall Basketball grades 1-12
5. Tackle Football and Cheerleading ages 5-12 (starting with the 2018 season)
Future Sports and Activities
2. Adult Sports
3. Fun Tournaments: Kickball, Dodgeball etc.
4. Activities for Youth and Adults.
We are working on a list for some of these sports and activities, but would love to hear from you on a sport or activity you would like to see. All these sports and activities will be phased in over the next few years as we grow.
We are also working on improving our sports complexes, this will be a on going project but we want the best facilities we can have for our programs. The old optimist park (fastpitch softball) is currently getting a complete facelift that will be complete for the Spring 2018 season.
Our mission is to Create Community through People, Parks and Programs through quality parks and valuable recreation programming and to serve local youth through youth sports and to provide our citizens with programs and activities.
We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, we look forward to seeing what this new year brings to Petal with these programs. Hope to see you all at the parks!!!
Please like our Petal Sports Association Facebook Page so you can stay up to date!
Save money with this coupon and PSA will also receive 10% of your purchase to help with buying equipment and supplies for the league. Click Here to view and print coupon or just download on your phone and show them when you check out.